Friday, December 30, 2016

Overwhelming Peace and Joy

Hello all,

I have been on a bit of a blogging hiatus lately. It has been hard to put our struggles into words as we have been grieving the loss of our beautiful butterfly. She moved to a new placement in October. We, along with several professionals, have been advocating for her return. I have been going to battle in prayer, trusting that God has a plan for our family. It has been an amazing journey seeing the many miracles He has already created in our lives. The peace that I feel when I read His word and sit in his presence has been nothing other than a blessing from God.

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

Psalm 34:8 "The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Romans 8:28 "For we know that in all things God works for the good for those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Although, life has been an emotional roller coaster lately, we have much to be thankful for. The adoption process for our little man and peanut has been moving along. We are hoping that they will be adopted by the end of 2017! We have been granted visits with our butterfly and cannot wait to see her sweet face.

Our little man has been progressing in all areas. Within in the next two months, it is foreseen that he will no longer need a few of his therapies due to the fact that he is flying through his goals! We are very proud. He is beginning to trust us more and has given us the gift of comforting him in his times of grief. Nothing is better than rocking my baby boy to sleep. He is so precious.

Our peanut is progressing in several areas as well. She will also be graduating from one of her therapies this month! She, too, has been trusting us more and talks with us openly about her feelings. I love our little talks as she lays in my arms. She is the sweetest.

We had a wonderful Christmas filled with joy. I loved seeing our littles faces as they saw that Santa remembered them two years in a row! :) It has been an even greater joy to see their faith grow and their focus shift to Jesus and his sacrifices for us. I feel extremely blessed to be their momma.







 

1 comment:

Updates on the Littles

Our knight is growing so fast! I cannot believe he will be eleven this year! He loves sports. He just finished basketball and will be start...