Wednesday, March 22, 2017

10 on the 10th

I am linking up with Erin for the 10 on the 10th list. I am a bit late, but I thought it would be fun to join in anyway. This month is 10 household tips. So here it goes...




1.) I love collapsible boxes for the kids' toys! We have one box for each type of toy. The kids know that they are expected to place the toys back in the appropriate bins after playing and it is preferable that they only bring out one bin at a time. :)




2.) We have cubbies for each of the kids to hand their back pack and coat. I also use it to put odds and ends in throughout the week. On the weekend, they are expected to clean out their cubbies.



3.) For laundry, I have one basket for each family member. This is helpful with dogs around the house that like to knock over my beautifully, folded piles!


4.) On Sundays, the kiddos put away all laundry in their baskets and pick out outfits for the week. We store their outfits in a sweater hanger in their closet. It definitely makes the mornings soooo much easier.


5.) For all you fost/adopt mommies and daddies: I keep all the kids paperwork in a large binder with their name on it. This makes it easy to grab when workers request specific paperwork. They have tabs, such as medication logs, doctor appts, report cards, receipts etc. I also keep a "foster care" box in my email.


6.) We do have an art closet for the kiddos that we keep locked. The kiddos have to ask mommy or daddy to open the closet when they want to get out art supplies. This has saved our lives! We constantly had papers, markers, crayons, pencils, etc around the house before starting our closet.




7.) I keep all of my sensory fidgets and boxes on a metal shelving unit. The items have to remain in that room and have to be placed back on the shelf when finished. This does not always work perfectly, but it is much better than when we had open access.


8.) I absolutely have to keep a calendar for the kids' appts. Otherwise, I would be lost! I carry it everywhere and write the appts down immediately after scheduling. If I need hubby to help with an appt, I let him know and he writes the time down in his calendar. This has allowed us to sync our schedules better. Some families use a synced calendar on their emails or phones. For me, it is better to write it down, but whatever works!


9.) Although, I have been slacking lately, we usually keep a monthly menu hung up on the fridge. I still have my menu, but have been slacking on writing it down on my fridge calendar. This decreases food waste and allows hubby to get started on dinner for me if I am getting home later. Yes, he cooks! I am blessed.



10.) I do keep back ups of all shampoos, conditioners, body washes, toothpastes, hair gels etc in my bathroom linen closet. This is very helpful with three bathrooms! The kids know that they can ask for an item when they run out! Each time, I use my back up I purchase another. :)


Please share your tips! I could definitely still improve my organization in some areas of my house and car!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates on the Littles

Our knight is growing so fast! I cannot believe he will be eleven this year! He loves sports. He just finished basketball and will be start...