Friday, October 31, 2014

Moments Missed, Blessings Gained

As the holidays approach without our first placement, I am reminded of the moments I may miss out on in my child's life. Moments like first steps, first words, first christmas', first birthdays, and first days of school. It can be very easy to become saddened by the thought of possibly never seeing and participating in these important moments in my child(ren)'s life. Mothers may have picture albums, memories, and possibly even videos of these defining moments and I will only have a sense of wonder and possibly a story or two. Oh, how I wish I could have been there everyday.

Then I am reminded that God has chosen the perfect time to place my child(ren) in my life. No matter what stage in life my child(ren) will be in we will have memories. Missing out on those past moments only makes future moments more precious. I cannot wait until these moments begin. I may not be able to watch my child's first steps, but I may be able to help them learn to tie their shoes, cheer them on at their sports events, cry as they walk across the stage at graduation, and smile as they marry their soulmate. I also will be able to witness those moments that are unique to foster care adoption, such as their first night in our home, the first time they look at us as parents, and the day they take our last name as their own. Those are the moments I long for and as I think about them the sadness goes away and the thought of future blessings brings a smile to my face.

John 1:16
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.  

We appreciate your prayers.


 If you enjoy our blog, please click the icon below to vote for us!

topmommyblogs.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates on the Littles

Our knight is growing so fast! I cannot believe he will be eleven this year! He loves sports. He just finished basketball and will be start...